Wednesday 23 February 2011

Open Book@ RCA

The RED spot is the place we are going today for "Open Books" exhibition and publication.
The exhibition is held in RCA. I believe everyone who love art must heard about this collage!!
I am doing icodesign at the moment. We are going to design a typography book for this project.
It is very important for me to visit this exhibition.

Bookbinding is one of my biggest interests.

We took 30 to walk from south kensington tube station to Stevens building.
We were lost.
One of RCA's building.
You can read all books it presented on shelf.
                            


They provide a comfortable space for us to read.
I found out, most of books in my right  hand side are hand make,
books in my left hand side are bided and printed by machine, which means it is already a product can be sale in the market.

The first book I pick up.
This is a hand make book in a high quality.
I can see lots of people pick up this book before me,
because the cover is dirty.
Do you think this is for you to read??




This is a book about " use" book.



Very detailed hand making book!

It got a box to fit in this book.
There is no cover for this book.
This is very special project!
She chose some very special shapes from a wall then took a picture.
I am interested in, where can she get this idea from.

You have to see this very clearly!!
This is a crazy idea!!
She drop a dig of colour on paper. Then put lots of insets on colour,
let them going around and around "with" colour .







I like the red cover of this book, the layout is great.
Title is stand out around by all little holds.
Love lots of colours and layouts, we can still see the detail very well.
Good idea have little pages inside book.

I am reading a book in RCA. This exhibition interested me  a lot.
They present big amount of hand make book.
They did bookbinding very well.
Also have lots of little ideas come out from these production,
which I can not see from a normal book shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment